Sunday, July 18, 2010

Seattle Day 2

Today is the day we board! Check out was early in the morning because we wanted to go find the Jimi Hendrix statue. So my mum had said that this statue was HUGE!! That it was a statue of Jimi Hendrix on his knees playing the guitar like always. As we walked UP the hills and OVER the bridge to Broadway St. we turned right and walked another 5 blocks and found the statue… We went through an artsy area and it was pretty cool in some of the shops we pasted. Like there was this yellow Parka made out of what seemed to be like Big Bird feathers. My mum and I had to laugh at it because it seemed so much like my late grandma, and I just knew if she had seen It she would have gotten it for herself. Well, we finally did get to the Jimi Hendrix statue that my mum had said WAS HUGE! He was small. He was in between a newspaper stand and a trashcan. It was still pretty cool to see it and I do have pictures. It was neat to see it though I do have to say that much! Finally after getting pictures of the Jimi Hendrix statue it was time to do a last minute shopping for drinks knowing it would be higher priced on our ship, go back to the hotel and pack up our things before we left for the Sapphire, Princess Cruise line. Seattle’s weather was beautiful. We were laughing at how many people were complaining about how hot it was when to me because I live in Tx at the time our weather back home was around 95, in Seattle it was about 65. Such a huge difference and I really did love the weather. Mum and I headed out of our hotel, waited for a cabbie, but instead there was this person who was scheduled to pick someone else up who took us to the ship instead. He was making me absolutely nauseated by zipping in and out of traffic in Seattle. He was zooming through Downtown, Boomtown, and I think Uptown Seattle left to right, right to left I felt myself sliding all over my seat. I honestly thought I was in New York for a moment because of how he was cutting in and out of traffic, how he almost ran into people and almost caused an accident. Finally when we got out of his cab van my feet were firmly on the ground I felt a little safer.

No comments:

Post a Comment